Can I Vacation & Still Lose Weight?
Many of us think that taking a vacation inevitably means gaining weight. Why deal with a setback? It is possible to enjoy yourself and still lose weight while vacationing. Of course, we recommend planning ahead and packing your Diet Center products for the best results. However, if this is not possible, here are some tips to help you stay on track:
- Order a soup or a salad to eat as your main course. Skip the entree altogether unless you’re really hungry.
- Split a meal with your dining partner. Most restaurants serve huge portions, so there is usually enough food to share.
- Select foods that are prepared with healthier, low-fat methods.
- Eat the vegetables. Most entrees come with at least one vegetable. If not, be sure to order a vegetable side dish.
- Skip dessert, or choose some fruit.
- Use your phone to research restaurants and their nutritional information. Don’t be afraid to ask questions about food preparation.
On The Road:
- Load up the cooler with fresh-cut vegetables and fruit.
- Bring plenty of water. It will keep you hydrated and, if you spill it, won’t stain the upholstery.
- Individually wrapped portions of string cheese or vegetarian cheese alternatives can be kept in the cooler as a source of calcium and protein.
- Bring baked whole grain crackers along on your trip, for added fiber and nutrients.
- Don’t overindulge in greasy chips, choose baked varieties that have fewer unhealthy fats.
- Make your own homemade protein bars and bring them along.
- Pack sandwiches made with whole grain bread and peanut butter or lean meats.
- Almonds, cashews, and walnuts contain polyunsaturated fats and are easy to take on a trip in either individual bags or larger containers.
Before going on vacation, make sure to visit your Diet Center Consultant for help devising a game plan to ensure success.