DIET CENTER’S ORANGE CHICKEN
1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
8 oz. raw boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
1/4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
1 package of GPS Chicken Soup
1 tbsp. cornstarch
1 1/2 tbsp. low-sugar orange marmalade
1 1/2 tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
1 tbsp. Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)
1 tbsp. reduced-sodium/lite soy sauce
1 tsp. chopped garlic
1 tsp. chopped ginger
Dash red pepper flakes
2 tbsp. chopped scallions
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
2. Place flour in a wide bowl.
3. Place chicken in a large bowl and season with pepper. Top with egg substitute and toss to coat.
4. One at a time, shake chicken pieces to remove excess egg and coat with flour. Evenly lay chicken pieces on the baking sheet.
5. Bake for 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
6. In a medium bowl, whisk broth with cornstarch until cornstarch has dissolved. Add marmalade, vinegar, sweetener, and soy sauce, and thoroughly whisk.
7. Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Cook and stir garlic and ginger until slightly softened and fragrant, about 1 minute. Add broth mixture and red pepper flakes. Cook and stir until well mixed and slightly thickened, 1 to 2 minutes.
8. Remove skillet from heat, add chicken, and toss to coat. Serve topped with scallions and enjoy!
MAKES 2 SERVINGS
Each Serving is 3 Protein, 1 additional,
Serve with Broccoli or another Vegetable for a complete meal. Brown Rice makes a great side for this dish.