Organize Your Pantry For Weight Loss
Believe it or not, the key to losing weight could actually be in your pantry. Revamping your pantry may seem like a daunting task, but did you know it could help you hit your weight loss goals, too? Using baskets and turntables to group healthy recipe ingredients together, taking nutritious items out of the original packaging and arranging them in an attractive display so they look more appetizing – are all tricks that work.
Here are five steps to reorganizing your pantry for the best results:
- Make a comprehensive list of healthy items you want around your house.
- Chuck items not on your healthy list by setting a timer for 15 minutes and tackling one shelf at a time. Remove all the items and clean the shelf, then start putting back only items that you want to keep. You don’t have to do the whole pantry in one day; conquer a little bit at a time.
- Group items together. Place the grains and pastas together, then the canned goods by veggies, soup, tomatoes etc. A turntable works well for oils, vinegars, and other condiments. Don’t overlook using baskets or clear plastic shoeboxes to group items. (Tip: It looks more organized when all the containers are the same.)
- Make a list of items you need and then shop from that list.
- Group the ingredients for favorite family recipes together. This makes it easy for other family members to grab everything they need to make that dish.
Organizing your panty won’t just make your life healthier; it will help your family make better food choices. Arranging healthy snack foods in a basket will make them look more alluring when kids are deciding what they want to eat.