Ten Ways To Increase Your Energy
I think we’ve all had that unmistakable feeling of being exhausted and wondering where our energy is. However, how about a low-grade energy drain? In this case, you may not necessarily feel the classic signs of exhaustion — like achy muscles or that all-over tired feeling. What you do experience is an increasing lack of get-up-and-go for many of the activities you used to love.
You may also find it harder to concentrate on tasks, and, eventually, you can also find your patience grows short and your level of frustration rises. Energy zappers are all around us, some obvious, some hidden. The good news: There is a way around almost all of them. Health experts have compiled this list of the top 10 energy boosters. Try one, two, or all 10, and you’re bound to see your energy levels soar.
- Increase your magnesium intake. This mineral is needed for more than 300 biochemical reactions in the body, including breaking down glucose into energy.
- Walk Around the Block.
- Take a Power Nap.
- Don’t Skip Breakfast — or Any Other Meal.
- Reduce Stress and Deal With Anger.
- Drink More Water and Less Alcohol.
- Eat More Whole Grains and Less Sugar.
- Have a Power Snack.
- Add skim milk to your coffee for a protein boost.
- Check Your Thyroid Function and Complete Blood Cell Count.